29 August 2016

50 Hues of Grey


I've realized a few things in attempts to live a healthier lifestyle. 


First, you gotta drink lots and lots of water. Drinking adequate amount water (do pronounce woo-tah) can reduce headaches and your waste management system can occur smoothly. You need your waste management to run efficiently to prevent kidney failure and to avoid any toxic accumulation in your body. You see, toxic accumulation can cause skin reactions, constipation, and consistent fatigue. You are going to have lots of site visits in bathroom, but you'll get used to it.


Secondly, you gotta reduce salt intake in your meals. Salt absorbs water because of its ionic compound, which means it is hygroscopic (I miss chemistry!). So, when your salt intake is quite excessive, your body is losing water. When your body starts to lose water, you will start to feel hungry and this is when you consume more food or more calories than your body needs. Sometimes, when you are starting to feel hungry, it simply means that your body is merely signaling 'more woo-tahh!'


Thirdly, if you are trying to lose weight, never go on a starving spree. When you decided to starve yourself, you are depriving your body of energy ( trust me, I did this and I gained like 2 kilos from NOT eating- what the heck ). Meaning, your body has no sufficient energy to burn calories and fats. So, you need to eat carbs (as long as it doesn't exceed the required calories intake) for your metabolism to function properly. Plus, what is life without carbohydrates?


Fourthly, you gotta reduce your sugar intake too. Sugar is love, sugar is life, yes I get it. But sugar can kill you, man. Until you are a person who spends 2-3 hours in gym or an athlete who will be participating in the next Olympics in Japan, sugar can be your arch enemy. Huhu. Human body isn't designed to consume excessive amount of sugar, especially fructose. Sugar simply '..tricks your body into gaining weight and affects your insulin and leptin signaling. Fructose fools your metabolism by turning off your body's appetite-control system. It fails to stimulate insulin, which in turn fails to suppress ghrelin, or "the hunger hormone," which then fails to stimulate leptin or "the satiety hormone." This causes you to eat more and develop insulin resistance'. Thanks doctor. 


Next, you gotta exercise. Urghh. This is the worst part in order to have a healthy lifestyle. I'm too lazy to write about exercise. You know what is best for your own body. 


You know what's my favorite form of exercise? Sleeping. As a former architecture student, sleeping was a luxury that I couldn't afford. Now that I have completed my studies and currently a proud unemployed former architecture student, a big hooray for bedtime. Ok, you need a good night sleep and a good amount of sleeping hours. Sleep matters (hooray!). Sleep deprivation has severe impacts on our brain particularly. When you are sleep deprived, your brain is not having enough rest to function well. That is why we tend to have headaches, depression, and also weight problem. I once almost had an accident while driving when I was sleep deprived, because my brain failed to perceive the red light at a traffic stop. Eh so does oversleep. Oversleep too has its own consequences. 


Lastly, you gotta be happy. Just be happy. Spend your days with people who make you laugh and inspired. Do all the things that make you happy, like reading or travelling or eating(careful now). Do everything in moderation. 

"Everything good that happens to you (O Man) is from God, everything bad that happens to you is from your own actions". (Quran 4:79).


Conclusion, I realised it is not exactly about losing weight. It is about getting healthy and losing fats. Do you know what fats could do to your heart? So far in these few attempts, I no longer have consistent fatigue, I can do physical activities at a longer period and I feel a bit lighter than before. I do have some reasons for a healthier lifestyle but trust me, it is not to lose weight mainly.  


Conclusion 2.0, as you know, I'm not a medical student ( but I wanted to be a nutritionist when  I was in high school ) so maybe some facts above are not exactly right or misleading (sorry for that)I watched Grey's Anatomy so much that I started to have a major concern regarding health issue. But watching Grey's Anatomy is so darn hard because most of the main characters either die, get cancer or just left the show. So much for being happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment