02 January 2017

2K16





So today is 2017. I didn't have any particular expectations or resolutions for 2016. I thought I would just go with the flow, nodding my head agreeing to what's going to be presented along the line, because it seemed like none of my resolutions from previous years came true.

My 2016 was, well, the first half was pretty intense, hectic and full of adrenaline rush. Who knew to graduate was not easy. Woke up every morning, did the work, sipped a cup of coffee, resumed the work, and went to sleep. An endless cycle of monotony I say. 

The other half was a relief. After graduating, I was finally at ease. 5 years of architecture school, finally paid off. I can pull all nighter if I wanted to. It's paradise *giggling*. But then again, I'm starting to miss campus life. 

I'd say 2016 was a more like closure. A closure is a sense of clarity, where moving on from what's done without denying its validity and existence, and believing that every exit is another entry. Adieu to 5 years of architecture school, adieu to all the futile hopes, adieu to all memories, and adieu to the former me. It's time to go on.

2017

2017 feels like a breath of fresh air. You know, the feeling of fresh air on your face and the wind blows through your hair (hijab?), then you take a deep breath, feel the air filling up your lung. I turned 24 last couple of days. A sudden realization subtlety appear, that I'm an adult. Hmmm.






No comments:

Post a Comment